Being busy doing things that will bring you closer to your goals should not hinder you from exercising. This is a very important activity that most people take for granted because they think they do not have time. This is true among people who need to go to work early in the morning and go home late at night. If this is the kind of day you have, it may seem impossible to exercise.
Did you know that aside from a healthy diet plan, you can still exercise even if you are busy at work? If you know how to make use of your short breaks and the small space you have, this is possible. To give you a head start, here are some workouts that can help you stay fit:
Easy Stretches You Can Do at Your Desk
If you are trapped in a schedule that only allows you to leave your table to take your lunch break and short restroom breaks, you will be happy to know that there are simple and easy stretches that you can do without leaving your desk. Here are some of the ones that you can consider:
- Back Stretch. While you are sitting comfortably, you can just cross your left for to your right. After that, cross your right arm to your left knee. And finally, twist your right shoulder to your left direction. Stretch and repeat on the other side.
- Side Stretch. This exercise is to help you stretch your hips and the rest of your body’s upper part. Sit with your back straight and put both of your arms up. Now clasp your hands on an outward position. Slowly shift your hands to one side. You will feel that your underarm and the upper part of your hip are stretched. Repeat the process.
- Neck Stretch. When you are already stressed at work, you will notice the pain in your neck and your shoulder muscle. This is why you also need to stretch these parts. Just sit uprightly and let your feet rest flatly on the floor. Straighten your back, inhale and exhale for few times. Now, gently roll your head to the side, to your chin and to the other side. Repeat the pattern slowly and do this whenever you need to relax.
Who would have thought that you can actually do push ups in the office. This exercise is great for upper body strength. Traditionally, you need to do it with your palms on the floor but it does not necessarily mean that you cannot do it in your small office space. First, you just need to stand with a yard space between you and your table. Next, position your palms on the edge of the desk. Now, lower your chest and push back up. You should not forget that you should only exhale while you are pushing up. You can start with twenty (20) pushes.
There may not be enough time to go to the park and jog but take advantage of the fact that your building has stairs. Walking up that stairs can help you burn more calories. This is a great cardiovascular exercise that is also good for the heart. If you compare running in a flat surface and walking up the stairs, you will realize that there is greater gravity pull in the later. With this, you can lose more calories when you do it regularly. You can do this every day. Instead of taking the elevator, burn some fats and take the stairs up to your office.
There are different benefits that you can get from squats. It can help you enhance your balance and coordination. Aside from that, it can also strengthen you. Here is a simple guide to help you do the perfect squat:
- Stand straight with chest held out.
- Position your feet apart with the distance a bit wider than your width of your shoulder.
- Sit down like you have an imaginary chair as a support.
- Put your thighs lower and make it parallel to the floor.
- Press your weight on the heels and go back to your position at the beginning.
You do not need a lot of space for jumping jacks. This is a perfect cardio exercise that you can do even inside your office. It can help you lose some calories as you go on with your day to day work. The main focus of jumping jacks is to help you lose stomach fats easily. This aerobic cardio exercise also enhances the function of the heart muscle. As you continually jump for few minutes, you are pumping oxygenated blood to your system. This is not only helpful to the heart but also to the lungs.
Few minutes of exercise can help you live longer. Do not let your busy schedule steal away your good health.